title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

30 January 2012

:: exercise #1: pictures in 10 minutes | 30 People Pictures ::


SPECS
  • Goal: 10 portraits in 10 minutes.
  • Tools: Camera with normal or slightly telephoto lens (50 mm - 100 mm); F/2.8 or lower.
  • Light: Natural light.
  • Location: Indoors or outdoors.
  • Theme: Back to the basics = minimal gear.
  • Duration: 15 minutes total.
  • Subject(s): Friend or acquaintance.
CHALLENGES
  • Shoot in Manual (not Auto or Aperture Priority)
  • Manual focus
  • Short shoot duration
  • Capture images that are real as opposed to stylized
PRODUCT
  • Select ONE image that you like best and create a print of it. Show it to a few friends (**ALTERNATIVELY, post a digital on blog or FB**). Explain that the goal was to create an authentic image in a short amount of time. Ask for feedback and consider their thoughts.
For more tips and inspiration, please read Chris Orwig's "People Pictures."
    Some of my fellow photographers have accepted the challenge and are eager to join me on this journey. They will post their results on their blog/Facebook fan page and I will provide the link to ONE photog's site; that photographer will then link to ANOTHER photog's blog site/Facebook fan page -- and so on and so forth.  I am going to post my results here next Monday. After seeing my results(and leaving comments, hopefully!), please continue clicking through the different photographer's links so that you can see the complete circle and find your way back to me :-) I will introduce Exercise #2: Clarifying Your Craft next Tuesday.

No comments: